Sunday, January 5, 2014

Tim Ho Wan, Hong Kong 2013


The reason we were in Sham Shui Po was to try the dim sum at Tim Ho Wan, the world's cheapest Michelin Star restaurant! The original outlet that was awarded the Michelin star was originally located in Mongkok but sky-rocketing rents have caused that outlet to close down. We headed to the Sham Shui Po outlet because it was convenient to Tsim Sha Tsui (where we stayed). And I glad we did that. The Sham Shui Po outlet feels like it's been there for years and has a down-home atmosphere as compared to the mall outlets. We arrived at about 11am and were surprised to be seated almost immediately, there are so many horror stories of one-hour long queues that I was quite prepared to wait!

Tim Ho Wan has also made its way to Singapore but the queue never dwindled below one hour and reviews were inconsistent, never tempting me to join in. So I kept my expectations in check, not sure what to expect. Well, rest assured Tim Ho Wan is worthy of its Michelin star. The food was excellent! The BBQ Pork Buns were amazing, the crust was sugary crisp and the pork fillings, so smooth and creamy! Another stand-out were the spring rolls, I don't usually like spring rolls, but I am making an exception for this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...