Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Link-Ups, 20 March 2013



A walk through Singapore's central district of Telok Ayer, October 2012.

x Follow along with Katie & Evelyn as they simultaneously post their film photographs of their adventures in Taiwan. Such a treat to see two different perspectives of the same place from these two friends.

x Exasperated at Google for discontinuing Google Reader (arguably one of the most essential tools for bloggers and their readers)? Not sure which RSS reader to use? I suggest Feedly (as suggested to me by Katie). Feedly syncs with your existing Google Reader and will do a seamless transfer of your feeds when Google Reader passes on. It's taking me some time to get used to it but it has to be said that Feedly is gorgeous to look at.

x I am still working on putting together an editorial calendar for this blog, and this post by Shauna Haider (Nubby Twiglet) was extremely timely and helpful.

x Still on the topic of editorial calendars, A Beautiful Mess' editorial calendar is a great physical reminder of what needs to be done. Also, they spill the beans on how they do it.




4 comments:

  1. I agree. Feedly is gorgeous and the interface intrigues me a lot.. that said, I'm not quite comfortable with it yet. I.e. I read this blog post on feedly, but when I tried to leave you a comment I accidentally closed the app (on phone now!) and when I got back I couldnt find the post again and had to do a search. My brain isn't so good right now lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad someone feels the same way! Is it a post written on the feedly blog? I read it yesterday about how the make experience more similar to google reader, and it helped!

      Delete
  2. hi michelle, thanks for the link-up! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi evelyn, my pleasure! it's so nice to 'meet' you :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...