Monday, April 30, 2012

Manchester Press, Melbourne


Down this dreary little alley named Rankins Lane (in the middle of the CBD) lies the very cool cafe Manchester Press. A little internet sleuthing tells me that the space previously belonged to a proper printing press business and the current owners decided to continue using the name. There's even an old wall painting of the name! Before I found this little nugget of information I thought the "press" meant the coffee press! Homage to the old but yet perfectly describing the new!


We got there just before 11am for brunch and the cafe was filled to the brim, on a weekday! It amazes me how laid back the lifestyle is in Australia. I wish we could take a couple more steps to slow down here.


We got down to the serious business of ordering our coffees and our food. I really like the diy menus with the dymo tape and plastic acrylic. It's cost effective and the menu can be fixed if there are new items added or old items removed. My bagel with cream cheese was delicious, I need to have breakfasts like these more often.


Oh yes, and the best "no smoking, please" sign I have ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...